Wednesday, May 4, 2011

From Women's Hands art show in Traverse City 2011


After a long winter, it's time again for art show season! Kicking it off this year is the "From Women's Hands" show in TC. I am once again honored to be chosen as a participant for this high end show. It features 150 very talented women from the area and I was one of three clothing vendors!


The suitcase system is working out great, and my new sign has made it through a few shows so far, still looking pretty good.


One the third day of the show I put a few outfits on display and thought they would be fun to share. I love these silver leggings! The black cord skirt is a size 5, I think, and so is the shirt which is handdyed and embellished with a blackbird. This would look so cute on a little girl!


This little outfit is about a 12-18 month size, with the cowboy shirt and patch pants.


Special thanks to Roz, the lady in the pink shirt there, wielding the drill. She is also an artist, but somehow manages to spearhead this show too.

How lucky to have a great neighbor from the other side of the state! Her name is Ky Sullivan and she makes gorgeous linen jackets as you see here, and super soft knit scarves. I ended up with the gorgeous striped one that she's wearing here while modeling my sweater.

On the other side, there was my friend and fellow artist who is also a great mentor, Leah Dziewit.
You can find her at art shows in the area with her gorgeous silk clothing and rose scarves.


Thank you very much to everyone who stopped by my booth! I enjoyed seeing friends and meeting new people. A special thank you to those who purchased my handiwork, 20% of which was donated to breast cancer research in memory of my amazing Gram, a survivor!

Another one of my neighbors and dear friends, Mimi from Grocer's Daughter Chocolate!

1 comment:

Amylynn said...

Loved your display! I need you to make me a skirt! Loving my shirt and hoping for a warm day to wear it soon!