Monday, May 16, 2011

community sewing studio class - pants to skirt, part 2

www.

For a longer skirt, we cut up the inseam and pulled out some stitching.


Some possiblities for an insert in the front of the skirt and some applique for embellishing.



A lightweight pair of pants and a pieced skirt:


Measuring for length and then for width of the flouce, to be sure it's the same size as the bottom of the waistband section of the skirt.


Using a pinking shear to trim the edges so they don't fray.


The next artist class is the Make your own Hat Workshop with our friends Nadia, Sonja and Amy Daniels Moehle. We are going to be making Greta Garbo inspired hats from recycled materials. Nadia will also show you the color wheel and talk about how to choose colors.

It's on Sunday, May 22, 1-4pm, at the Grow Benzie community sewing studio, $20. Let us know if you can make it! It's warm and green in the greenhouse too, so stop by and see what's growing.

2 comments:

Amylynn said...

I am so sad that I didn't make this class, they are so cute Victoria! I will have to make one. Right now I am sewing those bloomers. I am wondering how they will look on me, we shall see! I love the smock, but the pockets were a bear to make! Ugggh! Maybe we can meet at a park with the boys on a nice day and have a picnic!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so curious about how the bloomers will work and how you will wear them! I want to figure out those pockets - they are the best part of the smock!
We're laying low this week, thinking about an art class on Thursday and park play after that.