Wednesday, November 18, 2009

plytextiles rocks with quilted wool felt and fab mittens!

A fellow recyclist, plytextiles uses felted sweaters to make not only functional but practical things, infused with great design elements. It reminds me of a film I saw a while ago, when I worked with Herman Miller. Charles and Ray Eames created an amazing collection on images of good goods. Some were basic images of essentials, like a stack of firewood. Mittens are definitely an essential for me, to keep my always cold fingers warm. More are in progress too, so if you don't see the right pair today, maybe tomorrow they will be ready!

Hmm, quilting with felted wool might just be the way for me to quilt... No seam allowances to keep straight... I would love a whole jacket in this pattern and color scheme!

No comments: