Sunday, March 21, 2010

sewing 101 - basic troubleshooting


Your stitching is all off and your machine sounds funny. First thing to do is:

Rethread your machine.

that's it, just that easy.

Rethread your machine.

After you've done it a few hundred times, you'll be so speedy that you'll be back to sewing in no time. I'm amazed how much time I have wasted trying to figure out what's wrong, when all I had to do was this, and the problem solved itself in one rethreading. You'll find it here several times to help you remember...

Rethread your machine.

Rethread your machine.

Rethread your machine.


2 comments:

Resweater said...

Lol! Mine is usually because I forget to put the foot down or put the needle in backwards. I admit, I have done both more than once.

6 Berries said...

I can't believe how often this happens to me.

Fun blog! Love all the re-purposing.