Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Six things that make me happy...

so, Sixpence and a Blue Moon, you got me thinking...
And, since I couldn't stop at six, there are seven...

I love sun on the water, especially Lake Michigan. Like the shore, only fresh! This is in Empire, at Sleeping Bear Dunes, on the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive.

I love this hat, worn by my friend, Mia, on a showshoe trek to the river.

Pancakes! even for dinner. Last time Tommy made them for me, he whisked coconut oil, almond milk and egg together before adding the flour and they were amazing! Friends made the maple syrup too...

I love my little sister's homemade pearapple pie on Memorial Day at the lake (Green Lake this time...). She's an incredible cook!

I love living on the end of a dead end street, with my husband and little boy. This was at the opposite end of the street one morning this past winter.


I love the first greens of the year! We've been especially enjoying Pac Choi and Mibuna greens. Our dear friends at Ware Farm lovingly raised these babies, warming the greenhouse with a wood stove, then planting in cold frames.


I love chocolate, handmade by a local artisan, and I love her title "chocolatier".

What do you love?

1 comment:

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Oh, I love your list! Great pics, too! I LOVE that hat, I would wear it. Yummy on the homegrown greens. Like you, I love homegrown produce. Great list!!! :)