Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My absolute favorite sewing tool, custom made by my dad!

Let me start by saying that I have broken a lot of sewing tools. I've also sewn through my finger, but let's not talk about that, it's painful to remember.


What I do want to talk about is this metal point turner. It's heavy duty, tested over the last ten years on a lot of bags , heavy upholstery fabrics and a little bit of recycled leather. Most point turners are made from plastic or bamboo and are so delicate that they break when you try to do the things you need to do when making a bag. So, rather than resort to using your sewing scissors (who would do such a thing?) and poking out the corner, try this awesome tool instead. I'm guessing it will become your favorite tool for making bags, dolls and all kinds of other things with corners.

And my dad is working with me to make them. A family enterprise. How cool is that?