Thursday, September 23, 2010

christmas comes at the same time every year...


And this year, I'm determined to be somewhat prepared. It really should not be a surprise a week before the big day. Seriously. Last year I made some stockings, but they were not like this. These are a sweet patchwork personalized with the names of your family members and pets (if you are so inclined). What should I get for our new puppy and two kitties? You can get your own from handmade pretties

You'll find all kinds of other recycled goods there too, skirts, ponchos, balls, etc...


Snazztastic! How could I resist a name like that? These snazztastic pants used to be a sweater. I love the striped waistband which looks like it's made from a ribbed cotton sweater. Brilliant idea!


This is for that tiny part of me that wishes to be pregnant again (incidently, the rest of me is not so sure that another baby is going to help me get more creative time!) It's a skirt, no wait, it's a poncho. Multi-purpose clothing is genius. And it would go with everything because it's patchwork! From what I gather, custom options for sizing and colors are also available. It would be great in jersey (t-shirt fabric) too!

Very pretty, indeed.

2 comments:

Luisa said...

Love the stockings. You're right it's never too early to prep for Christmas especially when it involves homemade stuff.
The skirt is cute too.

Anonymous said...

I've had Christmas on the brain too, but was reticent to admit it. At the same time, I don't want to be up until 2 a.m. the two weeks before Christmas this year, trying to craft something "meaningful" in the wee hours between nursing sessions... maybe it's the crisp air that made me think I better get going!. So this post gave me solace AND inspiration. Thank you!